Sunday, October 21, 2007

"Your name's Lebowski, Lebowski."

Internet crisis finally averted, this blog shall now resume....

I honestly can't tell you the last time I picked up a book at full price from a retail chain. I tend to order online or buy from the local likes of Green Apple. However, a few days ago I found myself in a store, and came face-to-cover with I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski. In short, it's a fantastic fan's companion for the neo-classic Coen Brothers film The Big Lebowski. If you've seen the flick, you know what I'm talking about. If not, what's wrong with you, man?

Written by the four founding members of the annual Lebowski Fest - where fans congregate in costume to bowl, to quote, and to drink White Russians - the book contains interviews with nearly the entire cast (even the Ralph's check-out girl!), the real-life inspirations for the characters, and famous fans. There's also tons of trivia, a reference guide (sort of a written commentary track for use when watching the DVD), and an introduction by Jeff Bridges, who cites the Dude as his favorite role. Oh, and there's lots of little tidbits hidden away. For example, apparently the Coen Brothers have discussed writing and directing a sequel. No, not to Lebowski. To Barton Fink! The title? Old Fink. I kid you not.

If you love this film, pick up the book - even if you're going to pay full price, it's still worth it.

Oh, and if you're looking for a new religion.... Check out becoming a Dudeist!

1 comment:

JeremySaliba said...

oh-oh my. i THINK i saw this book recently.....just have to remember where.......