Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Long Time Ago...

A couple weeks back I stumbled upon a new soft cover, coffee table book The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film. Yes, I know, there are numerous of these out there. But, this one has a certain charm in that it not only includes remembrances from both the know and virtually unknown participants in the film, but also contains many photos only recently unearthed when Lucasfilm relocated to the Presidio here in San Francisco. Oh, and it only bears a $35 cover price - surprising, when so many of these items go for $50 or more these days.

The true geek in me must point out that this recent publication - it came out last month - coincides with the 30th anniversary of the start of the Star Wars franchise. That's right, this Friday, May 25, it will have been 30 years since the original picture was released. Granted, I and many others can easily grumble about what George has done to whither the value of his empire, but the fact remains that those first three films hold up really well. And, you know what? I can even tolerate the Ewoks. I said, tolerate.

No comments: