Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Cover Browser

Friend of the blog CDJ sent me this via del.icio.us. Yes, there is a high inherent geek factor associated with a website devoted to cataloging all comic book covers, but I'm willing to embrace that in myself. For you visual artists out there, this should be an invaluable reference. For us writers - and you other artistic folk - the inspirational and free association value is still there. There's everything from obvious choices like Superman and X-Men to the more obscure, like Doom Patrol and Sad Sack. Honestly, I've never heard of a few of these, but that makes the site all the more interesting.

And there's a bit more to it. There's the Cover Tagger Game, where "you write down keywords of what you see on the cover, and you score points if others entered the same." (Google has a similar game.) You'll also find Top Ten Lists, a Comic Con Gallery of random people in costumes, the Cover Gadget, and more. That's for those of you who really want to get your geek on. I myself am comfortable with just the general site. But, more power to you - and to those behind Cover Browser.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The site is awesome. Thanks for sharing.