Thursday, June 21, 2007

It's Not the Years, It's the Mileage

It seems a silly thing to comment on, but it's getting late and I'm kinda tired....

The next installment of the Indiana Jones series is currently in production. This photo - straight from the official site - suggests that our hero will once again don his trademark duds. However, this immediately brought a nagging question to my noggin: Does it really make any sense that he'd still be wearing the same attire? While the first three films were all set within roughly the same five year period, this next ostensibly* takes place more than ten years later. I don't know about you, but I tend to upgrade even my most favorite clothes within the course of a decade, and I don't have a tendency to jump of cliffs, dive through cobwebs, or fall into chasms.

I don't know. Like I said, it's a silly thing to comment on. Truthfully, I understand and respect the iconic image. And I imagine I would have bemoaned any substantial changes to the outfit had they decided to go that way, so there's no way they could have won.

Perhaps someone in the film will just comment on it. That would be nice.


*secret shout-out to Darth Jer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CHANGE THE OUTFIT?! SACRILEGE!

How dare you of all people suggest such a thing!

Actually Brian, if you want to see an alternate outfit, check out Ford's appearance in a Young Indiana Jones Chronicles episode. In I believe episode 25, Mystery of the Blues, Ford add a beard, scarf and sweater jacket, plus his normal gear. This cameo appearance was set in the 50s, so a lot of people thought he'd be wearing this additional gear.

JeremySaliba said...

scotland, stop reading history stuff. youy're going to run out of room.

brian-SWEET. now i'm doomed.