Sunday, August 5, 2007

Amazing Trailers: The Fountain

This teaser trailer came out long before the film was released. I was so enraptured by it and still am today. For me, it actually works as a short film in and of itself. I'd go so far as to say this trailer is actually better than the majority of movies released in the last few years. That said, I felt the actual film of The Fountain was a major disappointment. Perhaps my expectations were incredibly high after living with this glorious trailer for so long. Or, perhaps, I quickly grew weary of close-ups of people crying and a convoluted plot that didn't match up with what this teaser seemed to suggest. Again, one of the biggest threats of a trailer - good or bad - is that one might be deceived - intentionally or otherwise. Nevertheless, I remain a huge fan of this:

1 comment:

JeremySaliba said...

YES SIR! i couldnt agree with you more on this one. this trailer had me consumed over what the maker of "requiem for a dream" would do with such ideas, such imagery. turns out----not so much.